Our mission is to be a welcoming, caring family of faith, called to love the Lord and our neighbors. We are growing in Jesus Christ through worship, teaching, fellowship, and service to others.
Our ministry is founded on the following values and beliefs:
We are called to
• Nurture spiritual growth, strengthen faith in God, cultivate gifts of the spirit, and change lives.
• Develop a personal relationship with Christ Jesus.
• Be God’s love to others through compassionate Christian care and mission actions.
• Glorify God through worship, fellowship, and prayer.
• Express the grace we have received by embracing the value and worth of each one of God’s people and welcoming each one into our fellowship.
• Give the gift of the good news of Christ and our faith to others through word and deed.
• That Jesus Christ is the son of the living God, through whom we experience forgiveness of sins and resurrection.
• That God the Father is the creator of all things.
• That the Holy Spirit is the promised comforter and guide, dwelling in the world and in the Church.
• That the scriptures are the unique and authoritative witness to our triune God.
On our path forward together, we encourage
• Faith/Trust in God
• Togetherness as the Body of Christ
• Spiritual Growth
• Embracing God’s love of all people
We use these phrases to describe the components of a growing faith and our vision and mission:
◊ Open the Door
◊ Cultivating Community
◊ Growing in Christ
◊ Serving the World
We value life as a gift of God. We value the opportunity God has given us to live in the righteousness (right relationship with our God and with God’s children) of Jesus Christ through faith by grace. And we expect the life of faith produces the fruits of the Spirit: love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, generosity, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control. We acknowledge the gifts of the Spirit are given for the common good and we believe membership involves using our gifts to help build up the body of Christ. Living out our values, we do hope to open the door to faith for others and to open the door to Christ entering our lives. We hope to form the community Jesus directs his followers toward and which becomes the body of Christ in the world today. We strive to grow in Christ and recognize that when Christ lives in us we will hear the call to serving the world for Christ’s sake.